Thursday, December 31, 2009

A decade??? Really??

Wow... TEN years... I would have to say that the past 10 years seem to have been the "meat" of my life thus far... Now, I am not saying if it was filet mignon or bologna, but it has been the meat.

Let's see:

Ringing in Y2K at the Lake Terrace Convention center with family and friends (and Musty haha)... Graduating nursing school and becoming a "big girl" with a job... Finding and meeting a glimmer of MYself as a single girl.. just a glimmer... definitely should have taken longer and found more.. Beginning what would become my longest relationship to date... One that I am horrified to think about the "rule" of getting over someone with... (Take the number of years together, divide by 2, that's how long it takes to get over them...) FOUR YEARS???!!!??? Oh Hell.. .I hope not.. Other monumental occurences... Kim and Tyler graduating, going to France, my Granny dying..getting a puppy!

Then thinking that this is the FIRST New Year's I have been SINGLE in probably close to 15 years... and I am at work. Which is probably the safest option... otherwise i would probably choose to medicate and sleep right on thru it... not missing a thing..

But what will the next 10 bring? well, they will take me to the ripe old age of 43.. that's about all i know.. I guess that means, mammograms?? Menopause??

I think i should probably start seeing Ted again.. yep... will look into it!

No comments: